List of Great Argumentative Essay Topics on Racism [Updated]
The social issues that we face today are more complex and multifaceted than ever before. And, as a result, there are a lot of great argumentative essay topics on racism. Here are just a few examples:
Argumentative Essay Topics on Racism
- How has institutional Racism affected the history of minority groups in the US? –
- Should we consider Islamophobia racism?
- Racism: Can we refer to it as a mental disorder?
- Race: Does it serve any purpose in modern society?
- How Racism impact the way Chinese American has been viewed.
- Irishness: Should it be considered a show of racism?
- Comic books: Can we consider it racist against black people?
- How does Racism impact the way we view immigration?
Description: In recent years, views of immigration in the United States have shifted with many Americans perceiving immigrants as a source of national prosperity, rather than an eminent burden
- Racism Against Hispanics in America
Description: One of the main challenges facing American society is racism. While the country is a multicultural society comprising of individuals from different cultures around the world, minority groups often face discrimination in the form hate crimes and racist comments. Although the issue of racism affects all minorities.
- African American males are 10 times more likely to resist arrest than Caucasian males, is this due to them essentially resisting police brutality, or are other factors at play?
- What is the driving force of racial police brutality?
- Is defunding the police an effective way to end racial police brutality?
- Racism. Discrimination and racial inequality. Essay
Description: Today, everyone wants to reap the benefits of a diverse workforce. However, racism continues to be a major challenge to achieving this goal.
- Prejudice towards ladies in hijab: Is it baseless?
- Racism: Is it rooted in fear?
As you continue, thestudycorp.com has the top and most qualified writers to help with any of your assignments. All you need to do is place an order with us
Argumentative Essay Ideas on Racism
- Does police brutality exist for other ethnicities other than African Americans?
- Do prisons treat Caucasians differently than other ethnic groups?
- Should prisons be segregated by race?
- Educational Institutions take to Address Systemic Racism
Description: Racism is a social issue that has existed for a long time, causing chaos among people from various races. It refers to discriminating against a person based on skin colour and ethnicity. Systematic racism, sometimes called institutional racism, refers to racism embedded in the regulations.
- What countries are the most racist in the EU?
- Do you agree with the statement, “there will always be color racism?”
- Prejudice and racism: Are they the same thing?
- What can be done to create pathways for more minority judges to take the bench?
- Does Islamophobia separate minority populations in prison?
- Is enough being done in the legal system to deter and punish hate crimes?
- Should there be a zero-tolerance policy for racially biased police brutality?
- Racial Discrimination: How We Can Face Racism
Description: One of the most effective approaches to face racism and defeat it is through teaching the people its detrimental effects and how each one of us can be an agent of change. (Argumentative Essay Topics on Racism)
Theories of race and racism in an Administration of Justice, Criminal Justice race, gender and Class
These are just a few examples – there are literally endless possibilities when it comes to racism that you can write about in an argumentative essay. So, if you’re looking for some inspiration, don’t hesitate to check out these Research Paper Ideas on Racism with prompts!
Research Paper Ideas on Racism with prompts
- Xenophobia, Racism and Alien Representation in District 9
Prompt: The term alien has many connotations for different people, from the scientific theory and sci-fi representations of extra-terrestrial life to the resurgence in modern society of legal uses regarding immigration. In popular culture these uses can often coincide whether metaphorical, allegorical, or explicit.
- White and Black Team in Remember the Titans
Prompt: Reducing prejudice essentially entails changing the values and beliefs by which people live. For many reasons, this is difficult. The first is that the ideals and expectations of individuals are also a long-standing pillar of their psychological stability.
- Transformation of the American Government and “Tradition of Exclusion”
Prompt: The United States of America is a country known for its pride in its democratic government, where the American Dream encourages everyone to strive for the very best. That rhetoric is deeply rooted in every aspect of life in this country from its conception until…
- This is America: Oppression in America in Glover’s Music Video
Prompt: A common topic we see in our society is the debate of gun control in America. It has been an ongoing argument due to the mass of shootings in schools, churches, nightclubs, etc. The number of shootings has only been increasing over the years.
- Theory of Slavery as a Kind of Social Death
Prompt: The Orlando theory of slavery as a social death is among the first and major type of full-scale comparative study that is attached to different slavery aspects.
- The Review of the Glory Road
Prompt: Glory Road is an American sports drama film directed by James Gartner, in view of a genuine story encompassing the occasions of the 1966 NCAA University Division Basketball Championship. It was released on 13th January 2006.
- The Relationship Between Racism and the Ideology of Progress
Prompt: Through the years, as a result of the two world wars and the Great Depression, the term progress and the meaning attached to it greatly suffered.
- The Racial Discrimination in Bob Dylan’s Song
Prompt: President John F. Kennedy delivered a powerful message to the American People on June 11th of 1963, calling Congress to view civil rights as a moral obligation instead of a legal issue.
- The People Segregation by Society in Divergent
Prompt: It is clear that the society in Divergent places unrealistic limits on its members identities from the beginning of the book. Segregating different personality types into different factions not only has consequences on society but on the individual.
- The Influence of Racial Or Ethnic Discrimination a Person’s Self-concept
Prompt: Discrimination and prejudiced attitudes are assumed to be damaging aspects of society. The research presents the cognitive, emotional, and social damages related to experiencing discrimination. This research proposal focuses on determining the impacts of prejudice and how it negatively affects an individual. (Argumentative Essay Topics on Racism)
- Find out more on Argumentative Essay Topics About Social Media [Updated]
Racism research paper outline
Research Questions on Racism
- Have you seen the video of George Floyd’s death? What was your reaction to it? How did it make you feel?
- How would you define racism?
- How have you experienced racism towards yourself or others? How did it make you feel?
- Has anyone ever assumed something about you because of the color or your skin? If so, explain.
- Have you ever assumed something about someone else because of the color of their skin? If so, explain.
- Has anyone ever called you the “N” word or referred to others in that way while you were present? If so, please share what happened.
- Why do you think racism exists in today’s society? How do you think it will affect your future?
- How has the police brutality and the protests/demonstrations impacted you on a personal level?
- Do you feel your relationship with God makes you better equipped to handle all that is going within society concerning race? Why or why not?
- Do you think it is important to celebrate the differences in people? Why or why not?
- Is it important to have oneness in Christ or sameness in Christ? Explain. Do you think there is a difference between the two? Explain.
- How do you think we can move forward and carry out racial reconciliation as a society?
Great Racism Research Paper Topics
- What are the effects of racism on society?
- How can we stop racism from spreading in contemporary society?
- The mental underpinnings of racism
- How does racism impact a person’s brain?
- Amounts of racism in various social groups
- The importance of socialization in racial and ethnic groups
- How does racial tension affect social interactions?
- The following are some ideas for essays on racism and ethnicity in America.
- Interethnic conflict in the United States and other countries
- Systematic racism exists in America.
- Racism is prevalent in American cities.
- The rise of nationalism and xenophobia in America.
- Postcolonial psychology essay topics for Native Americans
- Latin American musical ethnography issues.
- Legacy of Mesoamerican Civilizations
- Endangered Native American languages
- What steps are American businesses taking to combat racism?
- The role of traditionalism in contemporary Latin American society
- Ethnopolitical conflicts and their resolutions are good topics for African American research papers.
- The prevalence of racism in hate crimes in the US.
- Latin America Today: Religion, Celebration, and Identity
- National politics of African Americans in contemporary America.
Good racism essay topics:
- Why Should We Consider Race to Understand Fascism?
- The Racial Problem in America
- Postwar Race and Gender Histories: The Color of Sex
- The Relevance of Race in Fascism Understanding
- Cases of Racial Discrimination in the Workplace in the United States
- Problems with Gender, Race, and Sexuality in Modern Society
- “Frankie and Alice”: Race and Mental Health
- The history of immigration, race, and labor in America
- Power and racial symbolism in Coetzee’s “Disgrace.”
- In America, race and educational attainment are related.
- Race to the Top: The Early Learning Challenge
- Social learning, critical racial theory, and feminist theories
- Minority Crime and Race in the United States
- Racial, ethnic, and gender diversity in society
- Documentary series “Race: The Power of an Illusion.”