Week 5 Discussion
Discussion Question – Due Thursday – A reference and citation are required.
Nurses as Change Agents in the Community
In the chapter, “How Community-Based Organizations Are Addressing Nursing’s Role in Transforming Health Care,” the authors describe the community as the focus of advocacy action for change. They list a series of questions that help community teams develop organizing principles to guide their interventions, and the aim is to attack social determinants of health to make community change. Suppose a community team identifies lack of access to exercise modalities as a public health issue. If the team were to determine that pedestrian walkways need to be constructed:
- Discuss at least two factors that would facilitate the development of the walkways.
- Discuss at least two factors that would hinder the development of the walkways.
- Include in your discussions ways that the team might work to overcome those hindrances.
- MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS AND HIGHLIGHT QUESTIONS FOLLOWED BY ANSWER!!!!
- CITATION AND REFERENCE
- TEXTBOOK AND READING:
Mason, D. J., Dickson, E. L., Perez, G. A., & McLemore, A. R. (Eds). (2020). Policy & politics in nursing and health care (8th ed.). Elsevier. ISBN: 9780323554985.
From your course textbook, Policy & Politics in Nursing and Health Care, read the following chapters:
- Research as a Political and Policy Tool
- Coalitions: A Powerful Political Strategy
- Creating a Culture of Health and Working with Communities
- Taking Action: Nurse, Educator, and Legislator: My Journey to the Delaware General Assembly as a Lieutenant Governor
- Taking Action: Nurse Leaders in the Boardroom