I need an explanation for this English question to help me study.
Read Mother Tongue by Tan and Watch The danger of a single story | Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and write an essay. Your essay should have an original title, use 12 pt Times New Roman Font, and be double spaced. This essay will be approximately 4 pages in MLA format.
The first paragraph should include:
- Hook: to catch the reader’s attention
- Brief context (background information) of the obstacle
- Introduce sources (2) title, author
- Summarize (1-2 sentence)
- Thesis statement: (what is the obstacle, significance and the impact) one sentence.
After, you should write 4 body paragraphs:
- BODY 1: What types of obstacle(s) did the author face (language, culture, family, ect)?
- BODY 2: How do the authors represent that obstacle?
- BODY 3: Why is this representation significant?
- BODY 4: How are their lives changed/influenced by the obstacle described?
Below is the format in which the body paragraphs should be in.
- Topic sentence: what is main idea of the paragraph.
- context (background, support)
- Set up the quote: (last name, signal phrase)
- Quote (at least one in each paragraph) 4 lines or less
- Analysis (explain the quote in your own words and connect to thesis) longer than your quote.
- Closing/transitional statement: end this paragraph and some insight for the next paragraph, connect this topic to next paragraph
- Restate the thesis statement in different words
- Summarize main points on what you wrote
- Take away of the obstacles for the authors