Current HR Professional
For this assignment, review the nine primary competency domains as they are listed in the SHRM article “HR Competency Model Unveiled,” (https://www.shrm.org/about-shrm/news-about-shrm/Pages/HRCompetencyModelUnveiled.aspx). Then, assess your organization against these competency domains. If you are not currently employed, select an organization about which you will be able to find sufficient information in order to complete this assignment. You might also use an organization where you were formerly employed.
In a 2 page paper, complete the following:
- Describe the role of the HRM professional in human capital management.
- Describe the key human capital management competencies of the SHRM HR Competency Model.
- Identify and describe key business trends, issues, and opportunities, and their applicability to your organization.
- Assess your organization against these competency domains.
- Assess yourself as an HRM professional against the SHRM HR Competency Model.
- Review the HRM professional competencies and suggest changes that reflect current trends, issues, and opportunities you have identified.
Labor Law and HRM Structures
In the studies for this unit, you are continuing to explore government regulation of human capital management, by expanding your knowledge of labor relations.
For this assignment, examine how the principles of labor relations and human capital management relate to human resource management structures.
In a 3 page paper, complete the following:
- Choose a labor law or legal issue applicable and important to your organization. For example, you might choose affirmative action or the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Research the law or issue in the Capella University Library.
- Analyze the influence of your selected labor law on human capital management structures, including selection, recruitment, and retention.
- Use your research and information from the unit readings to support your analysis.
- Assess the influence of your selected labor law on human capital management structures at your organization, including selection, recruitment, and retention.
- Identify and compare gaps between how the readings illustrate the influence of labor law on human capital management and your experience in practice at your organization.
- Format your paper according to APA standards, including the following:
- A title page.
- An abstract.
- Proper page margins, spacing, and page numbers.
- Appropriate headings and subheadings.
- A reference list.
In the unit studies, you have been exploring the role of diversity in human resource management. For this assignment, write a report that examines the role of diversity initiatives in achieving business, organizational, and cultural goals. Your report should be a professional presentation reflective of a corporate work environment. Complete the following:
- Analyze your organization’s current diversity initiatives, using a SWOT analysis.
- Use the results of your SWOT analysis to develop a business case for improving or creating a diversity initiative to meet the global competitive environment. Your business case should do the following:
- Describe the motivation of the diversity initiative.
- Describe the alignment of the diversity initiative with the achievement of business, organizational, and cultural goals.
- Describe your new diversity initiative, or describe what substantive improvements you would make to a current diversity initiative.
- Describe the benefits and risks associated with the diversity initiative.
- Write a 4 page paper that describe your SWOT analysis, business case, and proposed diversity initiative.
- Use your board of directors as the model audience to which you would direct this presentation.
- Include citations in the paper
- Include a references list
Project # 4
One way to be a successful learner is to continually measure both your abilities and challenges throughout each of your HRM courses. In this assignment, you will complete a self-evaluation as an opportunity to examine your current experience with both academic preparedness and HR expertise.
The goal of this assessment is to be a prepared and knowledgeable learner with the skills to persist in succeeding in the HRM program. You should complete a self-assessment on the following areas:
Your assessment should be 1 page. The goal is to complete an honest assessment of your current abilities and to consider areas in which you could focus your improvements.
Change Management Strategy
In the unit studies, you have been exploring strategies for overcoming resistance to and facilitating change. For this assignment, examine the role of change management strategy in achieving business, organizational, and cultural goals. Complete the following:
- Refer to Kotter’s eight steps to transforming an organization, from the “Leading Change: Why Transformation Efforts Fail” article (assigned in the previous unit).
- Using Kotter’s eight steps, analyze your organization’s current change management strategy.
- Use your analysis results to develop a business case for improving or creating a new change management strategy to meet the global competitive environment. Your business case should do the following:
- Describe the motivation of the change management strategy.
- Describe the alignment of the change management strategy with the achievement of business, organizational, and cultural goals.
- Describe the new change management strategy, or improvements to a current change management strategy.
- Describe the benefits and risks associated with the change management strategy.
- Your paper should also include an analysis, business case, and proposed change management strategy.
- The length of your paper should be within a range of 8 pages.