I’m trying to learn for my Writing class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Select either the website pair or video pair:
Genetically Modified Organisms
- Bayer Crop Science–United States (Link: https://www.cropscience.bayer.us/
- Non-GMO Project (Link: https://www.nongmoproject.org/gmo-facts/ (Links
Animation of Hydraulic Fracturing (fracking)
Animation of Hydraulic Fracturing (fracking
How does fracking work?
How does fracking work? – Mia Nacamulli (Links to an external site.)
Pick one of these pairs of works about a common subject. Analyze each work and compare it to the other using the following guiding questions:
For each work, analyze purpose:
- What do you think the purpose is?
- What specific aspects or elements of the work suggest the purpose you have identified?
For each work, analyze audience:
- Identify primary/secondary audiences, as appropriate
- Identify all relevant audience characteristics and categories for each audience (i.e., knowledge level, personality, biases, etc.)
- Explain your reasons for characterizing the audience the way you do (i.e., What’s your evidence for your conclusions?).
Compare the two analyses:
- Are the purposes the same for each work? Different? How do you know?
- Are the audiences the same for each work? Different? How do you know?