Process of Identification Definition
Review the World Health Organization’s (WHO) definition of health in Chapter 7 of your textbook. Then, write a research paper fulfilling the following requirements. WHO definition of health: health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
· Why is the definition of health important to health policy?
· Define the term “target population” as it relates to health policy.
· How do societal influences impact the identification and definition process of policy?
· Research a healthcare organization and highlight how their policies align or misalign with the WHO’s definition of health.
· Must be 4 to 6 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper
· Student’s name
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Date submitted
· Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
· Must document all sources in APA style
· Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style
The course text.
McLaughlin,C.P. & McLaughlin, C.D. (2014) Health Policy Analysis: an interdisciplinary approach (2nd ed.). Sudbury MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. Print ISBN 9781284037777.