The purpose of this assignment is to begin the exploration of the disease process assigned to students in Week 1 HISTOPLASMOSIS. To ensure timely development of the final Week 7 assignment and an opportunity to receive feedback from the faculty, students will develop the Week 7 presentation in 2 parts. Parts 1 and 2 will be submitted as a PowerPoint presentation that contains thorough speaker notes. After students have received faculty feedback on Parts 1 and 2, students will develop the final presentation that is audio and video (with face showing) recorded in Kaltura and uploaded to the Week 7 Discussion Board. Week 2 begins the development of Part 1 of the Disease Process Presentation. It entails students exploring the pathophysiology of the assigned disease to fully understand how it progresses from the initial cellular injury to the eventual defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning. Students also begin to develop an understanding of the role of the FNP in disease prevention . Finally, students will also demonstrate professional presentation and communication skills at each stage of assignment development.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
2. Demonstrate understanding of the risk factors for disease development. (CO 3)
3. Demonstrate understanding of the progression of a disease from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning. (CO 1, 2)
4. Describe the role of the health care provider in the prevention of the disease (CO 4)
1. Introduce the disease, HISTOPLASMOSIS, with a brief definition and description.
2. Discuss the Risk Factors and the connection to the Etiology of the initial injury to the cell/tissue/organ.
3. Show the progression from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning.
4. Discuss health care provider implications for prevention of the disease.
5. Provide a summary slide that highlights main points presented.
6. Reference slide and in-text citations depict references correctly cited according to APA.
1. The presentation should include a PowerPoint presentation that contains detailed speaker notes.
2. The presentation contain main heading slides that address the assignment criteria listed above.
3. The presentation should contain appropriate evidence to support the information presented per APA format.
4. Slides should be used as cues to topics and key concepts without lengthy sentences and paragraphs
5. The presentation should contain a reference slide with all sources written in APA format (6TH EDITION )
PowerPoint Tips to ensure a professional and organized presentation:
1. All font types, size, and color should be the same throughout the presentation
2. The Title slide should contain: student name, course, professor and title of the presentation
3. Avoid putting too much information in the slides. Use bullets to highlight main points and then use speaker notes to provide more specifics related to the slide content
4. The use of pictures and figures are encouraged, however, avoid overcrowding the slides with pictures and figures
5. Follow the rubric requirements in chronological order to ensure an organized flow of content
6. Use proper background color so there is good contrast between font color and background