A case related to the weekly chapter: Contractual Performance and Breach
Please write a short synopsis of the case using the brief outline below no longer than two pages. The synopsis should be typed, double-spaced, times new roman 12 font and printed in black ink.
Case brief written assignment expectations:
- Facts: This should be a quick list of facts, but make sure to include any legally significant facts.
- Procedural history: These are notes about the journey the case has taken through the court system.
- Issue presented: What is the legal issue that the court is discussing? Note, there can be more than one issue.
- Holding: This is the ruling of the court. If the issue presented is a question for the court to answer, then the holding is the answer to that question.
- Legal reasoning: This is a quick summary of the thought process used by the court to reach their conclusion.
- Rule of law: If the court applied any rules of law that are important, you want to write that down too.
- Concurring or dissenting opinions (if any): If your casebook included a concurring or dissenting opinion in your reading, you will need to read it carefully. It is there for a reason.
- Citation: Required.
This week you have a written report due. Your report will be 1 to 2 pages APA formatted. The topic is protecting a business from tort and/or contract liability. You will need to review and present the types of commercial insurance that would need to be obtained (General or professional liability, workerâ€™s compensation and so on) to protect the business in case of a lawsuit. You will pick a business in your major to discuss ( I choose a restaurant). You will use the internet to do your research and the past chapters of the textbook.