I’m working on a Management question and need guidance to help me study.
North Country Assignment
Watch the movie, “North Country”. Then, submit the answers to the following questions:
1. What is sexual harassment as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) (the FULL definition)?
2. Is sexual harassment a gender-specific problem?
3. Why did Josey take the job in the mine? Before she started work there, what sorts of “warning signs” did she receive that things might not go smoothly there for a woman?
4. List at least ten behaviors that the women of the mine witnessed and/or experienced that constituted sexual harassment?
5. How did Josey attempt to work internally to have the harassment stopped? When and how should the harassment have been addressed?
6. How was Josey portrayed by Ms. Conlin, the attorney for the mine?
7. What is a “class action”? Why did the mining company not want Josey to be able to form a class?
8. Do you think the result of the case would have been different if Josey had not been joined by her co-workers?