In this discussion board, you will read the “Bad Blood” Case Study provided in instructional materials https://blackboard.ohio.edu/bbcswebdav/pid-8118475. After completing the reading. Give some thought to the following questions and post your response in the DB:
- Why do you believe the participants took part in this study?
- What ethical principles were violated in this research study?
- Would an experiment such as this be conducted today? Why or why not?
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
- Identify unethical practices in the conduct of research
- Describe how reasoning for participation may be influenced by incentives
- Discuss measures that are currently in place to prevent unethical research
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)