For this assignment, using the work issue you identified in Unit 2 (Parted boundaries between medical nurse administrators and senior nurses have blurred, and this has prompted a loss in clear nursing authority), you will:
- Choose an analysis model that is appropriate to your selected issue.
- Identify and describe the model you will be using, then use the model to analyze your work issue. Be sure to address the issue from a nurse leadership perspective.
- Choose one additional model and briefly describe that model.
- Suggest six interventions that would be useful for the nurse leader when dealing with a variety of work issues. For each intervention, you should provide the expected outcome.
- Your paper must be at least 4–6 pages long, excluding the cover page and references.
- Use double spacing in between entries and annotations with one-inch margins.
- Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Sources: Support your choices with references from both your unit readings, and at least two resources not required for this course. These may come from the journals you used in your annotated bibliography.
- Format the paper (including references) according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting guidelines.
Essentials of nursing leadership and management, third edition, patricia Kelly, Cengage Learning, Clifton Park, NY, 2014 (ch 11)
PART OF WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE FROM THE BOOK AS THIS COMES DIRECTLY OUT OF THE BOOK (+2 OTHER SOURCES):
The 2004 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report Keeping Patients Safe: Transforming the Work Environment of Nurses found that nurses, who comprise the largest segment of the health care workforce and spend the most time providing direct care to patients, are indispensable to patient safety and quality (Khoury, Blizzard, Moore, & Hassmiller, 2011). An earlier IOM report,……….