I’m studying for my Marketing class and need an explanation.
Students must compare and contrast two scholarly journal articles found on EBSCOhost. To do so you must:
- Search the Ashford University Library
- Find articles on Databases by Subject
- Jump to “Business & Economics” and select EBSCOhost
- Enter the topic “Real Estate Appraisal,” and click search
Students should also consider using the websites that are listed as recommended reading for this course, as well as other credible sources from the Ashford University’s Library databases that may support their writing.
Writing the Paper
Develop a four- to five-page paper that compares and contrasts two academic papers on real estate appraising.
Your paper must:
- Summarize two articles from the Ashford University Library database. Include the thesis, the author’s findings, and conclusions of each article.
- Compare and contrast the two articles using examples.
- Discuss the economic factors in each article using examples.
- Report on issues the authors discuss that might have an effect on value conclusions.
- Explain what types of ethical concerns, if any, might affect the author’s conclusions.
Your paper must be four to five pages (not including title and reference pages), and it must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide. You must cite at least two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Betts, R.M., & Glickman, J.A. (2015). Basic real estate appraisal: Principles & procedures (9th ed.). Brookfield, WI: OnCourse Learning.
- Chapter 8: The Sales Comparison Approach
- Chapter 9: Analyzing and Adjusting Comparable Sales
- Chapter 10: Valuing the Site
Real Estate Renegade [realestaterenegade]. (2010, April 6). Real estate appraisals (Part two) (Links to an external site.)[Video file].Retrieved from
- This video covers the three major types of methods that appraisers use when valuing property.