Qualitative Annotated Bibliography
For this assignment you will continue to review current research (Catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) from South’s Online Library and provide a critical evaluation on that research through an annotated bibliography. An annotated bibliography is a brief summary and analysis of the journal article reviewed. For more information on annotated bibliographies please visit Purdue’s OWL: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/01/
A total of four annotated bibliographies are to be submitted (not to exceed one page each). The articles must come from nursing scholarly literature and may not be older than 5 years since publication. Please note that the articles must be research based and reflect a qualitative methodology (review our reading assignments). Web pages, magazines, textbooks, and other books are not acceptable.
Each annotation must address the following critical elements: (QUALITATIVE Annotated Bibliography)
• Explanation of the main purpose and scope of the cited work
• Brief description of the research conducted
• Value and significance of the work (e.g., study’s findings, scope of the research project) as a contribution to the subject under consideration
• Possible shortcomings or bias in the work
• Conclusions or observations reached by the author
• Summary as to why this research lends evidence to support the potential problem identified specific to your role specialization (Family Nurse Practitioner).