I don’t understand this Business question and need help to study.
JOB ANALYSIS; STAFFING; EEO; DIVERSITY
Read The King Company Background to review information on the company.
When business improves for The King Company, the company plans to build a facility in Detroit, MI. Research and explain the following in an essay format which includes an introduction and conclusion (not a Q & A format):
- The demographic characteristics of the Detroit labor market. Would the company find the diversity and the skill levels needed to build its technology component? Discuss. If not, where is the closest location to Detroit you would recommend and why?
U.S. Department of Labor (https://www.dol.gov).
U.S. Census Bureau (http://censtats.census.gov/pub/Profiles.shtml).
Note: These are both national databases. Also check with the state department of labor and other sources for information.
For this SLP assignment utilize at least 2 sources from the Trident Online Library to help strengthen and validate your discussion.
Make reasonable, cost-effective assumptions in your paper, if needed. State your assumptions in the beginning of your discussion.
Paper length: 2 to 3 pages (not counting the cover and reference pages).
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper will be evaluated using the criteria as stated in the SLP rubric. The following is a review of the rubric criteria:
- Assignment-Driven: Does the paper fully address all aspects of the assignment? Is the assignment addressed accurately and precisely using sound logic? Does the paper meet minimum length requirements?
- Critical Thinking: Does the paper demonstrate graduate-level analysis, in which information derived from multiple sources, expert opinions, and assumptions has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the paper address the topic with sufficient depth of discussion and analysis?
- Business Writing: Is the essay logical, well organized, and well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are section headings included? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
- Effective Use of Information: Does the submission demonstrate that the student has read, understood and can apply the background materials for the module? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality sources? Do additional sources used provide strong support for conclusions drawn, and do they help in shaping the overall paper?
- Citing Sources: Does the student demonstrate understanding of APA Style of referencing, by inclusion of proper citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Have all sources (e.g., references used from the Background page, the assignment readings, and outside research) been included, and are these properly cited? Have all sources cited in the paper been included on the References page?
- Timeliness: Has the assignment been submitted to TLC (Trident’s learning management system) on or before the module’s due date?