I’m trying to learn for my Writing class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
In a 4-6 page written assignment, answer the following questions.
1) Define evolution using the course materials.
2) Define physical anthropology. Discuss some of the general ways physical anthropologists investigate evolution.
3) Using the APUS Library, find at least one appropriate outside source that identifies one specific research project in which physical anthropologists are studying evolution (e.g. the Human Genome Project- conduct your own original research, do not use this example). Describe the research project and its significance in our understanding of evolution. Be sure to cite your source.
4) Choose and define a second subfield of anthropology (cultural anthropology, linguistic anthropology, or archaeology).
5) Discuss some of the general ways an anthropologist in this second subfield investigates evolution.
6) Using the APUS Library, find at least one appropriate outside source that identifies one specific research project in which anthropologists in this second subfield are studying evolution. Describe the research project and its significance in our understanding of evolution. For example, an archaeologist may look at how tools have changed through time, and what has caused that change (conduct your own original research, do not use this example). Be sure to cite your source.
8) Discuss how the study of evolution between physical anthropology and your chosen subfield compares and contrasts.
9) Conclude by discussing and reflecting on one new piece of information you learned about evolution.
All written submissions should be submitted using APA formatting. In part, this includes:
- Typewritten in double-spaced format with a readable style and font and submitted inside the electronic classroom.
- Arial 11 or 12-point font or Times New Roman styles.
- Page margins Top, Bottom, Left Side and Right Side = 1 inch, with reasonable accommodation being made for special situations and online submission variances.
- Save as .doc, .rtf, or .pdf
- See a Basics of APA Style tutorial for coaching on APA formatting. For additional resources see our Library, and the Purdue Online Writing Lab.