I’m studying for my Computer Science class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Advanced persistent threats (APTs) have been thrust into the spotlight due to their advanced tactics, techniques, procedures, and tools. These APTs are resourced unlike other types of cyber threat actors.
“Thanks to all of your efforts, we have significantly increased our reach, accessibility, and presence on the web,” says Eliza, your CTO.
“But,” she adds, “this also increases the chance that our company will be a target for hackers and online attacks. If we are going to move forward, we need to anticipate those problems before they happen. In particular, we are especially worried about advanced persistent threats (APTs). I’m looking for as many ways to ward these off as possible, so I’m setting up teams to assess how APTs have operated, what they will look like in the near future, and what countermeasures we can implement against them.”
“I want this on my desk in two weeks.”
Part 3: Cybersecurity Tools, Tactics, and Procedures
- Describe current hardware- and software-based cybersecurity tools, tactics, and procedures.
- Consider the hardware and software solutions deployed today in the context of defense-in-depth.
- Elaborate on why these devices are not successful against the APTs.
- Use additional sources of information but also describe the concept in layman’s terms.
- Use visuals where appropriate.
- APA format
- Single space 9 pages
- Use group APT41 attachment as much as possible with answering the first three bullets above.