I’m working on a Art & Design question and need guidance to help me study.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 15
- Minimum of 1 primary source (from artist)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, select and address one of the following options:
Option 1: Choose a work to discuss from one genre that interprets a work from another genre.
- Include the title, artist, and description of both works.
- Examine how the artist of the second work captured the subject or story of the first.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the second artist that discusses the influence, reasoning, or interpretation of the original work on the second work.
Click on the following link for examples:
Option 2: Choose a work that is interdisciplinary (incorporates two or more disciplines), such as Hamilton from our lesson this week.
- Include the title and artist(s).
- Examine the genres that are intermingled to create the work.
- How effective is the blending of genres in the work?
- Why do you think the artist used different disciplines in the work?
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the artist and one from a critic.
Option 3: Choose a work of art from any genre that depicts or tells the story of a real life event from any time period, such as The Consecration of the Emperor Napoleon and the Coronation of Empress Joséphine on December 2, 1804 by Jacques Louis David.
- Include the title and the artist and some background of the event.
- What is the relationship between the work of art and the event?
- Did the artist depict the event accurately?
- Does the artist make changes regarding the event? If so, why do you think the artist made these changes?
- Examine the artist’s message in the depiction.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the artist.