Unit 3 Assignment: Impact of Coding in the Health Care Environment.
Unit Outcomes Addressed in this Assignment:
- Explain cost classification
- Explain the importance of proper cost allocation in healthcare organizations
- Describe the difference between fee-for service and capitation reimbursement
- Explain the impact of revenue and cost structure on risk in healthcare organizations
Course outcome assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
HS440-2: Describe international standard diagnosis classification use in the US health care reimbursement and billing system.
Utilizing your textbook and the Library:
- Describe the importance of proper coding in healthcare to ensure prompt reimbursement by answering the following questions:
- Describe the role of finance in the healthcare system.
- Describe the Diagnosis codes and how they are used, impacting reimbursement.
- Describe the features of third-party payers
- Explain the reimbursement methods used and the effects of coding on reimbursement
- Responses to the questions should be written in a clear, detailed manner and observe the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Follow APA formatting for the title and reference page, as well as APA formatting within the paper itself (Times New Roman 12-point font and properly double spaced).
- The minimum page limit is 2 pages or 600 words.
- The maximum page limit is 4 pages or 1200 words.
- Information should be summarized in your own words with appropriate APA formatting and citation style of in-text citations in the body of the text to acknowledge the source(s) of information.
- Include at least three reference. The course textbook may count towards the reference requirement for this Assignment. All references will follow APA format.
- Follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc.).
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.