The nurse needs to understand population, intervention, comparison, outcomes, and time (PICOT) within this specialized research design and what it means to a nursing research practice.
In a 6- to 8-page essay (exclusive of title and reference pages) prepared in APA format:
- Using the PICOT format, generate a clinical question for a problem or concern identified from your practice setting and identify what type of research PICOT is in relationship to quantitative, qualitative, or part of evidence based practice.
- Identify two published research studies from the Argosy Univeristy online library resources that are relevant to the problem or concern.
- Evaluate the selected research studies for relevance and applicability to the problem or concern.
- Describe how the identified research-based intervention can be used to change or modify nursing practice.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the PICOT format in defining a clinical problem or concern and in generating a clinical question.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to the Submissions Area. Support your findings with examples and scholarly references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Using the PICOT format (population, intervention, comparison, outcome, time), generated a clinical question for a problem or concern identified from your practice setting.||32|
|Identified two published reports of research that are relevant to the problem or concern amongst the Argosy University online library resources.||16|
|Evaluated the research for relevance and applicability to your nursing problem or concern.||32|
|Discussed how the research can be used to change or modify your nursing practice.||36|
|Evaluated the effectiveness of the PICOT format in defining a clinical problem or concern and in generating a clinical question.||40|
|Usage and Mechanics||12|