Team Work and Critical Thinking
Rubenfeld & Scheffer (2015) suggested that interdisciplinary teamwork and collaboration involves different communication styles and can result in conflict that can negatively affect patient care practices. Discuss how you may be able to use conflict in a positive way to promote interdisciplinary teamwork and collaboration.
Bensimon and Neumann, as cited in Rubenfeld & Scheffer (2015), identified the following eight team thinking roles:
- The definer (voices and creates the teamâ€™s reality)
- The analyst (assesses all of the parts of the issue)
- The interpreter (provides insight on how team members perceive outcomes)
- The critic (redefines, reanalyzes and reinterprets)
- The synthesizer (elicits all thinking perspectives and helps provide linkages for solutions)
- The disparity monitor (assesses how team members perceive outcomes)
- The task monitor (removes obstacles to team thinking and facilitates the teamwork)
- The emotional monitor (address the human, personal, and emotional aspects of team thinking during the thinking process.
- Choose three (3) of the roles and share an example from your nursing practice of someone fulfilling the roles.
- Why is this role necessary for the team thinking process to go smoothly?
- How do other members of the team perceive this personâ€™s role?
Please do not include names or personal identifiers in your discussion.