1. The chosen event / event company : the nature of the business, their
mission and values / justify the choice of the organisation.
2. Appraisal of Theories : What is the main theoretical grounding for your
report. Justify the choice of theories and critically appraise them.
3. Synopsis of Sustainability policy of the organisation – and a thorough
critique of the same based on theories included earlier
4. Recommendations, emerging from points 2 and 3.
The module will be assessed through an individual report of max. 3000 words,
assessing all the learning outcomes.
You are required to critically assess the sustainability policy of an events
business or event itself, and offer suitable recommendations in line with your
critical appraisal, and based on theories discussed in the class and beyond.
Support should be provided thoroughly.
The chosen event or event management company could be of any size,
nature and in any location of your choice. Yet, it is not recommended to focus
on Global Business Operations (GBO), however. Examples such as the
Olympic Games, FIFA or Formula One events, lead often to weak reports as
to many variables are involved.
• All reports should be typed using 12p text, 1.5 line spacing, Arial
• All reports should be spell checked, peer review is allowed, the usage
of Grammarly is recommended,
• Focus and structure should be given with effective use of headings and
subheadings, pictures are not appreciated, (unless they significantly
contribute to the content),
• All sources must be referenced using the Harvard Referencing System,
• A full reference list of all sources must be included at the end of the
• Graphs and pictures are not appreciated, unless they support directly
the text provided
Appendices are allowed when needed
The course leader would like to suggest the following report structure:
u? Title page: Include the program name, module name and code, title,
student name and UoD number, lecturer name, and submission date.
u? Acknowledgements: If appropriate, provide a page acknowledging
those who helped you completing the report
u? Table of contents: List the contents (Introduction, Findings and
Analysis, Conclusion, References) and the page numbers they appear
u? Introduction: In approximately 300 words set the background, explain
the aim or goal of the report, the report approach and the
characteristics of the chosen event case.
u? Stakeholder theory: include who counts in your event case and why
u? Findings and analysis: In approximately 2’000 words present the
sustainable theories, applicable to your event case, describe the
sustainable event policy and the sustainable event practices.
Summarize your findings are provide linkage among.
u? Recommendation: address potential gaps, opportunities or ideas
reflecting on the presented sustainable theories, event policies and
u? Conclusion: In approximately 200300 words summarize the main
points and justify your opinion.
u? References: Provide a reference list of all sources.
u? Appendix: When needed