I’m trying to learn for my Mathematics class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Assignment: Simple Logistic Regression in SPSS (1 Independent Variable & 1 Dependent Variable)
Earlier this week, you practiced fitting simple regression models and, ideally, used the Collaboration Lab to ask, answer, and otherwise address any questions you had. In this Assignment, you apply what you learned to answer a social research question using logistic regression.
- Review the datasets provided.
- Construct a research question based on one of those datasets.
- Use one independent variable and one dependent variable to conduct your simple logistic regression analysis.
- Remember that your dependent variable must be dichotomous/binary.
- Think about how you might use the odds ratio in your analysis to simplify the interpretation of your results.
By Day 7
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed. Write an analysis in APA format, including title page, references, and an appendix, that includes your data output and addresses each of the tasks listed above. The content should be 2–3 pages, including a discussion of whether the predictive relationship is statistically significant and the odds ratio and what it means. Your SPSS output should be included as an appendix.
Early in your Assignment, when you relate which dataset you analyzed, please include the mean of the following variables. If you are using the Afrobarometer Dataset, report the mean of Q1 (Age). If you are using the General Social Survey Dataset, report the mean of Age. If you are using the HS Long Survey Dataset, report the mean of X1Par1Edu. See page 1032 in your Warner textbook for an excellent APA-compliant write-up of a binary logistic regression analysis.