I need an explanation for this Social Science question to help me study.
In this assignment, you will write an essay (750-1,000 words) addressing the following prompts. Cite two to four scholarly sources in your essay:
- Briefly describe how a sociologist would study family processes from the theoretical perspectives of structural functionalism, conflict, and social exchange. Give an example of each.
- Describe the Standard North American (SNA) family
- Compare & contrast the SNA to one other family structure.
- Explain how trends affect ethnic groups in the United States.
- Compare & contrast social, cultural, and historical constructs to various types of families.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Submit the assignment to your instructor by the end of Topic 1.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency:
3.1: Explain social processes through the functional, conflict, and symbolic interaction perspectives.