Help me study for my Marketing class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Read the following examples. Determine the type of differential or new-product pricing used as the pricing strategy.
- Every year Dillard’s offers a Fourth of July sale on its products.
- Coca-Cola quickly gained market share in a new market by pricing products lower than competitors.
- At car dealerships it is common to haggle over the final price of a car purchase.
- A U.S. textbook publisher sells textbooks in the United States at one price, but will sell foreign editions at a lower price for students in other countries.
- Tiffany & Co. introduced a new emerald necklace by charging the highest possible price to reflect its prestige.