This is a paper that is focusing on the selecting a criminal justice topic or problem to define. The paper also provides additional information to use in writing the assignment paper.
Selecting a criminal justice topic or problem to define
Select a criminal justice topic/problem to define, describe the scope and consequences of the problem, interpret the issue with a criminological theory, and assess society’s responses to the problem (including public policies and other less formal responses). Papers should also present a clearly reasoned alternative that is supported by scholarly research. While the following example can be modified to suit your needs, using this outline as a guide will likely result in a high-quality final paper:
TOPIC IS POLICE CORRUPTION, WHY IS IT A PROBLEM IN TODAY’S WORLD
3. Thirdly, what is the topic problem? Which theory best explains the issue?
4. Why does this problem qualify as a “theories of criminal behavior issue”?
5. What are the individual and social implications of this problem? Discussion of implications should be supported by accurate research data.
6. What do the experts say about the problem?
7. What have we, as a society, done about this problem? Again, consider public policies and also other, less formal responses.
8. How is this working?
9. Describe an alternative.
10. Discuss why the alternative is or can be, an effective response to the problem. Remember to consider the negative consequences of the alternative response.
11. Conclude with reflections and thoughts about your chosen social problem. This is a good place to include personal opinions, assuming you wish to share them in a research paper.
Remember, ensure that the paper is at least three pages exclusive of the cover and the reference pages. Also, ensure that you include all the references you use in finding research for this assignment paper. References should be at least three for the paper. All references, citation, and writing should follow the APA formatting and styling guidelines. Finally, ensure you focus on the assignment topic in detail.