Sealwrap, a producer of plastics in the United States, is about to expand its business. As part of this expansion, they will begin to sell their products in Europe and Asia. In addition, they plan to open a plant in Asia. Jerry the President and CEO is concerned. He has heard many stories of companies that have to expand globally but operations either failed miserably or did not live up to expectations due to the cultural differences between workers and customers in each country. Jerry whants Sealwrap to be prepared for this, so any potential problems can be addressed prior to expansion.
Jerry has asked your group to research problems other companies have had with this issue and develop ways in which the errors those companies made can be avoided by Sealwrap.
Each individual in your group should select a multi-national corporation or international non-profit agency that has encountered these problems (this can be a previous or current employer of yours). Using the internet and the Cybrary research that organization to discover any cultural barriers that organization encountered and what its managers did to try to overcome those barriers.
1. Generate and evaluate reasons why people may not appreciate the cultural point of view of others. Use at least 10 references (including 3 from the textbook) as well as 3 sociologists views.
2. Discuss how appreciating cultural diversity affects peoples ability to communicate effectively in the context of a multi-national corporation or an international non-profit agency. Feel free to add your own experiences as well as quoting others.
Individual portion: Based on the group discussion, each individual is to create a report for Jerry which summarizes your discussion and provides suggestions on steps Sealwrap can take and policies that can be put in place to help ensure the expansion is successful.
3. It has to be based on this what are the primary steps for conducting sociological investigation?
Thee are a number of different rypes of sociological investigation. Some of these types of sociological investigation are quantitative and others are qualitative. Although there are a number of differences between the various types of sociological investigation, there is a standard framework that can be unilaterally applied. This framework would include the following steps for conducting research.
1. Establish your topic
2. Examine all previous research on this topic
3. Develop research questions
4. Develop a research process
5. Examine ethical concerns
6. Develop research methodology
7. Record the data
8. Draw conclusions and communicate your findings
We need help in how to approach this assignment, as well as information to get us started. Extra links would also be helpful. Thank you.