Given the importance of information security, students will conduct research and write a consolidated, thematic essay on the selected case study or topic:
- Analyzing and identifying potential vulnerabilities, and specific countermeasures to employ to mitigate the threat.
- Discuss how a fully developed ISP mitigates security intrusions that have the potential to compromise a system’s operational stability.
- Evaluating the proactive measures as well as the legal, technological, and policy aspects of information security.
- Evaluating the best practices of the DHS IT Strategic Plan and how these can be incorporated into an overall ISP to optimize system security.
Your external research must be reliable and authoritative, preferably from peer-reviewed publications. You must include a minimum of five (5) course-external references.
Your external research should be integrated to provide logical support for your consolidated examination of the fundamental ideas being expressed. All submissions must include the following technical components:
- A cover or title page with your name on it.
- Labeled topical headings (e.g., Introduction, Discussion, Conclusion, Recommendations, etc.).
- Length: The report must contain a body of text between 1,750 to 2,000 typed words (about 7 to 8 pages double-spaced).
- A reference page containing a minimum of five (5) course-external resources used and cited in the report.
- References cited at the end of the report must be cited in the text to illustrate how they were used.
- Written in APA Style.