Q & A on Joshua and Judges
After watching the TBP videos Joshua and Judges, write answers to the following questions in a Word document, with your name and the name of the assignment at the top of the page.
- In the video on Joshua, who is it they say is doing battle against the Canaanites? What part is Israel to have in the battle for the Promised Land?
- In the Joshua video, 3 points are made in answer to the question, “Why does God declare war?” What are those 3 points?
- How does the video explain the statements in Joshua about “all of the Canaanites” being slaughtered? Was it really a Genocide?
- According to the Judges video, what is the main point of that book?
- Why did God tell the Israelites to drive out the Canaanites from the land?
- According to the video, if the leaders and people are so corrupt at this time, why does God’s Spirit fall upon the leaders and why does He use them for His purposes?
- In the final chapters of Judges the statement is repeated several times, “In those days Israel had no king and everyone did what was right in their own eyes”. What hint of hope is there for the future in that phrase?