Effective Communication in the Workplace
Please read the â€œEffective Communication in the Workplaceâ€ PDF
Address the following areas including detailed speaker notes. The speaker notes area is the white space below the slide where you can type information similar to a Microsoft Word document. Your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation consists of professional color slides, with detailed speaker notes to include examples to support each slide.
- Describe four forms of communication used in the work environment. Discuss the benefits and concerns with each communication method. For example, body language, written, oral, and e-mail.
- Describe four methods of learning and listening. How does a person learn (auditory, visual, etc.) if he or she has a preferred method? How can the person adjust to learning in ways not in his or her preferred method?
- What environmental and personal barriers hinder communication? Be specific and provide at least three examples.
- What impact can diversity in the work environment have on effective and ineffective communication according to age, gender, cultural, or religious diversity?
- What three errors do managers commit when providing ineffective feedback?
- Describe three issues managers and team members face if they are not prepared to provide instant communication? What negative result can occur if one is not prepared?
- Describe four methods to overcome communication barriers and provide detailed examples.
- Provide three key elements with specific examples on how effective communication can reduce errors, improve professional relationships, and assist staff with clear communication.
- Your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation should consist of professional color slides, with detailed speaker notes which includes examples to support each slide.
- Ensure slides are professional in appearance, color contrast, and font.
- Provide references in APA format.
- Use correct spelling and grammar. Speaker notes below the slides should contain substance.