This article covers Discussion: Forum Philosophy.
Discussion: Forum Philosophy
Discussion: Forum Philosophy.
DNP 801 Week 1 Discussions GCU
DNP 801 Topic 1 DQ 1
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
Refer to the document “Discussion Forum Philosophy.” Download the file, print it, and use the information to guide your participation in the Main Forum. This information can also be found in the GCU University Policy Handbook.
Use the following links to explore the GCU Library:
Per the University Policy Handbook, each week, two initial posts and three ongoing contributions are required for a minimum of five separate posts on 3 separate days of the topic.
Perform the following tasks to complete this assignment:
Identify the discussion questions/prompts in the Main Forum for the topic.
Identify the concepts, principles, theories, and other information in the course readings, lectures, and other resources that relate to the discussion questions/prompts.
Locate at least one scholarly research source which supports your initial response to each question/prompt. The reference may come from the topic readings.
Write an initial substantive response of 150-250 words in length. Begin your response with a restatement of the question/prompt, and include in-text citation(s) and a reference for each scholarly source used according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide located in the Student Success Center. The restatement of the question/prompt, the references, and the citations are not included in your response word count.
Post your substantive initial response to the Main Forum for the topic. Your initial response to question/prompt 1 must be posted by day 3 of the topic. Your initial response to question/prompt 2 must be posted by day 5 of the topic.
Contribute to discussion by posting at least one substantive response to another learner’s post on 3 days of the topic. Respond in a manner that initiates or contributes to discussion.
After reading, “Dr. Ronald Berman on Time Management” and viewing the video at the conclusion of the article, describe two strategies you will implement in order to improve your time management skills? How will you change your approach to time management using that information?
DNP 801 Topic 1 DQ 2
The DNP PI Workspace is a critical resource for DNP students. It contains essential resources for this course and valuable guidance tools for successfully completing your DPI projects. Navigate the DNP PI Workspace, Student Success Center, and the Guidelines for Graduate Field Experiences. After reviewing the above resources, answer the following:
What information within the Guidelines for Graduate Field Experiences, DNP PI Workspace, and Student Success Center is the most helpful for this course and the completion of your DPI project? Why?
Review the “DNP Direct Practice Improvement Project Recommendation PowerPoint” found in the course materials. Discuss a potential topic for your project in a brief paragraph. Consider the PICOT reminder slide when selecting your potential topic.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.