Case Study Assignment: Assessing the Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat
Use the Episodic/Focused SOAP Template and create an episodic/focused note about the patient in the case study to which you were assigned.
Use the episodic/focused note template in the material List.
Provide evidence from the literature to support diagnostic tests that would be appropriate for each case.
List five different possible conditions for the patient’s differential diagnosis and justify why you selected each.
- Also, your Case Study Assignment should be in the Episodic/Focused SOAP Note format rather than the traditional narrative style format. Refer to Chapter 2 of the Sullivan text and the Episodic/Focused SOAP Template in the Week 5 Learning Resources for guidance. Remember that all Episodic/Focused SOAP Notes have specific data included in every patient case.
With regard to the case study you were assigned:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide.
- Consider what history would be necessary to collect from the patient.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Identify five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient and justify why you selected each.
CASE STUDY 2:
Focused Thyroid Exam Chantal, a 32-year-old female, comes into your office with complaints of â€œfeeling tiredâ€ and â€œhair falling outâ€. She has gained 30 pounds in the last year but notes markedly decreased appetite. On ROS, she reports not sleeping well and feels cold all the time. She is still able to enjoy her hobbies and does not believe that she is depressed.