Access to Health Services
According to HealthyPeople.gov, access to comprehensive quality healthcare services is important for the achievement of health equity and for increasing the quality of a healthy life for everyone. Healthy People 2020 focuses on four components of access to care: coverage, services, timeliness, and workforce.
Create a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document that addresses the following:
- Explain the Healthy People 2020 components of access to care pertaining to
- Identify at least one consequence that a lack of access to healthcare has on women and girls.
- Explain why access to care issues will need to be monitored even more closely within the U.S. healthcare system beginning 2014.
- Find at least two scholarly journal articles that discuss all or at least one of the topic areas related to access to care as defined by Healthy People 2020. Provide a synopsis of each article.
- Explain what type of barrier(s) (structural, financial, or socio-cultural) each article examines? Describe at least two policies or strategies that can be implemented to improve access to healthcare services as they relate to the articles you reviewed.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.