Purpose: I am doing the FNP track.
The purpose of this assignment is to: a) demonstrate how the skills outlined in the AACN Essentials are applicable to the role of a master “prepared nurse (CO #5, #6) and b) present ideas in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner (CO #1).
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
(CO#1) Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge. (PO 3)
(CO#5) Analyze the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials of Masterâ€™s Education in Nursing [AACN Essentials]. (PO 1)
(CO#6) Assess the roles of the masterâ€™s-prepared nurse. (PO 1)
1. Discuss the MSN specialty track (educator, executive, informatics, health policy, FNP) that you have selected.
2. Demonstrate how the skills outlined in the nine (9) AACN Essentials are applicable to your selected masterâ€™s-prepared specialization.
3. Identify three ways that a masterâ€™s-prepared nurse in your specialty would use the AACN Essentials skills in nursing practice.
4. Provide empirical evidence to support the three (3) ways a masterâ€™s-prepared nurse would use the AACN Essentials in practice. A minimum of two (2) current scholarly articles are required in this section of the presentation.
5. Concluding statements summarize content.
6. 15-slide presentation with speaker notes in APA format, not counting title and reference slides.
PREPARING THE PAPER