You havе been aрpoіnted as the projeсt manager to oversee the opening of a new production line in Bangalore, India. The site has alreadу been found and rented. New equipment has been bought in the UK and needs to be transported to the new location. Staff that will operate the machinerу has been appointed, but will require training once the production line is installed. The project needs to be finalised and the production line must be fully operational within the next three months. (Please read the senario)
Your first task is to prepare a project initiation document (2300 words), drawing on appropriate project management theory and frameworks, to present to the company’s board of directors for approval. The plan should consider the following aspects of the project:
• The project’s scope
• An initial assessment of stakeholders and recommendations on how these stakeholders should be managed to maximise the chance of achieving the project’s objectives.
• An initial assessment of risks and opportunities presented by the project and the response strategies proposed.
• An outline project plan (Gantt chart) showing the main tasks and significant milestones, supported by a justification of your proposed approach. The Gantt chart needs to show a minimum of 10 tasks.
• There is no need for you to prepare an outline business case and project budget, as this will be prepared by a colleague, based on the Gantt chart and budgetary estimates.
• The design of your project initiation document should take into consideration both the soft and hard skills necessary to ensure the project’s success.