Section 3 – PMO Recommendations
The purpose of the Portfolio Project is to synthesize current research about the project management office (PMO) for the purpose of developing a PMO recommendation. The Portfolio Project is structured to help you demonstrate understanding of the course material, as well as the implications of new knowledge gained from research beyond the course readings and lectures.
Your Portfolio Project will be developed in three independent but cohesive sections, which considered in whole constitutes your PMO recommendation. The three sections are:
- Section 1: Subject Organization and Rationale
- Section 2: PMO Mission, Charter, and Competency
- Section 3: PMO Recommendations
Section 3 will constitute your final Portfolio Project assignment.
For Section 3 (submitted in Week 8): PMO Recommendations of the Portfolio Project, you will build on the information detailed in your Portfolio Project Sections 1 and 2. Based on analysis of your subject organization and further research, develop either Option 1 or Option 2 recommendations for key aspects of the PMO that optimally support the subject organization’s PMO framework as designated in Section 2. To this end, substantively address the following key elements for your subject organization’s PMO recommendation:
- Designate recommendations, with appropriate rationale, for each of the following PMO key elements:
- PMO type
- PMO structure
- PMO culture
- PMO project methods
- PMO project tools
- PMO governance
- PMO risk management
- PMO business integration
- PMO global challenges
- Other relevant PMO considerations
- Recommend professional development for PMO advancement
- Apply aspects of the project manager competency development (PMCD) framework for the PMO’s professional development.
- Designate professional certification requirements.
- Describe mentorship role.
- Identify project and portfolio leadership
Your essay should address the following requirements:
- Your well-written PMO recommendation essay thesis should be 8-10 pages in length, which does not include the title, reference, or appendix pages. You need to add headings and subheadings associated with each of the bullet points listed in the Section 3 requirements.
- Format your presentation according to APA guidelines, which should include an introduction and conclusion.
- Include title and reference pages.
- In addition to your course textbook, cite at least four current (published within the past 5 years) scholarly resources (peer-reviewed, official governmental reports, and other scholarly sources) to support your suppositions, assertions, and conclusions.
- Include an appendix for tables and figures as appropriate.
The assignment’s organization is Walmart. Attached are the first two sections that will tie in with the final section.
If you can cite The Complete Project Management Office Handbook, it is the course textbook.