Need help with my English question – I’m studying for my class.
Hello. please paraphrase the answers in bold, I gave you 10 questions with the correct answers. what I want you to do is to make 2 different paraphrase for each question.
Q1. Should the clerk charge you more than the marked price on each item? Why or why not?
No, he shouldn’t because he is taking advantage of the situation.” the correct answer”
paraphrase 1. No, he shouldn’t due to the fact he is taking benefit of the situation.
paraphrase 2. No, he shouldn’t because he is taking advantage of the circumstance.
- 11. How does Sandel describe the differences between ancient theories of justice and modern theories of justice? Do you understand this? Sandel explains that philosophers believed justice was based on virtue. The current philosophers believe that justice is based on freedom.
- 12. According to Sandel, what is the Purple Heart argument really about? It is about the rival conceptions of moral character and military valor.
- 13. How are the underlying values of the welfare, freedom and virtue categories different? The underlying values of the virtue, freedom, and welfare depends on the individual and how they will make decisions.
- 14. What arguments were given for and against bailing out some companies during the financial crisis? The argument was that the government will reward a failure.
- 15. Do you think the companies should have been bailed out? Why or why not? Into which category do your arguments fall in Sandel’s configuration? What are the strengths and weaknesses of your arguments? the companies should have been bailed out. However, they should face some of the consequences.
- 16. What arguments were given for and against giving executive bonuses? The argument was to prevent them from quitting their job.
- 17. Do you think the executives should have been given bonuses? Why or why not? Into which category do your arguments fall in Sandel’s configuration? What are the strengths and weaknesses of your arguments? I don’t think they deserve the bonuses because the system was crashing and taking the bonuses would be morally wrong. This argument would be under the virtue category.
- 18. What is the role of “moral desert” in people’s arguments on the bailout/bonuses topic? It is when someone receives something that is not deserved. It seems to reward the failure.
19. Should CEO’s make 344 times the pay of the average worker? Why or why not? Into which category do your arguments fall in Sandel’s configuration? What are the strengths and weaknesses of your arguments? I do not think it is fair for a CEO to make 344 times greater than the average employee. My argument falls on welfare. It is his right to receive more but not this much because the risk is high.
- 20. Reflect on your initial reactions to the trolley stories and the goatherd situation. Continue figuring out the patterns that exist in your own determinations of what should be the case. I choose to hurt one person instead of killing the five.