Request for 4 pages (Please address all the questions below)
Topic: Multicultural Education
Topics that are typically addressed in a methodology review section
• How large are the samples typically used to study this topic?
• What are the sample characteristics (ethnicity, race, age, gender distribution, student vs. faculty, income, etc.)?
• How are the samples recruited?
• To which populations do the samples generalize?
• Are these primarily quantitative or qualitative studies, or both?
• How is the data collected (i.e. surveys, focus groups, interviews, etc.)?
• Where does the data collection take place (lab settings, web surveys, observations, etc.)?
• What types of measures are used (i.e. are there specific scales used to assess each construct; what coding procedure was done if the study used observational data, etc.)?
Data Analysis Plan:
• Do the authors discuss their data analysis plan in the methods section?
• If so, what types of analyses do they plan to use to analyze their data?
• What do the authors report about their response rates?
• What did the authors tell you about reliability and validity?
• Was there any concern about potential sources of bias and how these were controlled?