Write-up limited to 10 pages of text with 10 pages of supporting
tables. Please use a font size of 12 and 2.5cm margins.
2. Prospective Analysis
Forecast future financial performance. Use the four valuation models outlined in
class to produce an estimate of firm value, and compare to stock price. Perform
sensitivity analysis and discuss the results.
• Prepare your forecasts and write up the reasons for your forecast
• Prepare your valuations and write up just the $ answers to your 4 models, as
well as include share price on the date of your valuation (the date of your last
set of reformatted financial statements (table 1)
• For all of your forecasting and cost of capital assumptions1, write up your
reasons for your optimistic and pessimistic outcomes (best and worst they
ever did in last 5 years perhaps?) and calculate your sensitivity analysis. Only
use the AOI model and Table 2 reports your sensitivity results. Again compare
to share price and discuss your results
Using your sensitivity analysis, and as a potential management consultant to your
chosen firm, provide a discussion as to the possible opportunities for improvement,
and potential challenges for your firm. Provide remedies for these concerns. You
should be quite specific in any recommendations you make.
• Your sensitivity testing will show you that your firm will be more sensitive to
one of: sales growth/cost of capital, PM, AO.
• Depending on which of the three above is most important to your firm, come
up with some ideas for specific things that your firm can do. For example, if
sales growth matters don’t just say “increase sales”. You need to come up
with creative ideas for your firm to increase sales. You never know, yours may
be the next assignment sent on to your firm!