I don’t understand this Law question and need help to study.
Investigative Procedure and Practices
Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 1: Articulate rules and procedures applicable to multi-agency criminal justice operations.
- Competency 3: Assess strategies for multi-agency operations.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse populations.
Understanding procedural parameters is imperative when it comes to criminal investigations. A procedural mistake can have significant consequences, including the inability to prosecute a case because of the exclusion of key evidence needed to meet the criminal standard of proof. In order to mitigate procedural mistakes in investigations, exploring rules and procedure is a must.
Suppose you have been placed on a task force to identify potential training areas for multi-jurisdictional investigations for your state police department. In this capacity, write a 2–3 page memorandum to your chief, citing a minimum of two academically verified references, addressing the following:
- Explore two areas of importance in strategizing about multi-agency response in a criminal investigation.
- Break down two procedures applicable to multi-agency investigations.
- Explain the importance of communication with diverse populations in the multi-agency investigative process.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or the references page.
- References: A minimum of two references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.