Can you help me understand this Sociology question?
In a 3-4-page paper explore a workplace organization and their policies around diversity. Analyze the diversity of the organization and develop a report about how you would bring a new workshop, event, or speaker series to the organization to enrich their approach to diversity. If the organization has a great program already in place, think about how you might contribute to what they already have.
Choose a workplace organization (the one you’re employed with or perhaps one you would like to work for) and review their policies on embracing diversity. A good place to research this information is on a company’s human resources page. You can also look at some public information data for an organization on the Glass Door (Links to an external site.) website. If your organization is a public organization (college, university, government employment agency, or nonprofit), that information will be public and on the organization’s website.
- For this assignment, you should focus on race and ethnicity, because this Module deals with race and ethnicity, but note also that diversity includes ability, age, religion, gender, sexuality, etc.
- Consider how this event might help the organization’s staff use their creativity and awareness to imagine a community which truly values diversity.
- Brainstorm what this community would be like if they had an environment which truly valued racial and ethnic diversity, based on the research you conducted.
- Feel free to explore different sorts of diversity activities listed on the Internet, but you must come up with your own activity.
- Conduct research using scholarly sources to review Affirmative Action policies regarding education and employment as well as making sure you have done all of the reading for this week before completing your assignment.
- Write a 3-4-page paper or about 1500 words, not including the title and reference pages, which are required. Be sure to incorporate a clear explanation of your proposed activity in the body of your paper, with detail, context, and analysis. This is important.