I don’t understand this Computer Science question and need help to study.
This task relates to a sequence of assessments that will be repeated across Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Select any example of a visualisation or infographic, maybe your own work or that of others. The task is to undertake a deep, detailed ‘forensic’ like assessment of the design choices made across each of the five layers of the chosen visualisation’s anatomy. In each case your assessment is only concerned with one design layer at a time.
For this task, take a close look at the data representation choices:
- Start by identifying all the charts and their types
- How suitable do you think the chart type choice(s) are to display the data? If they are not, what do you think they should have been?
- Are the marks and, especially, the attributes appropriately assigned and accurately portrayed?
- Go through the set of ‘Influencing factors’ from the latter section of the book’s chapter to help shape your assessment and to possibly inform how you might tackle this design layer differently
- Are there any data values/statistics presented in table/raw form that maybe could have benefited from a more visual representation?
Assignment Link: http://book.visualisingdata.com/chapter/chapter-6
Assignment Requirements: At least 500 words in length
References: At least two peer-reviewed, scholarly journal references.