FIRST ASSIGNMENT -DISCUSSION POST
- For this discussion you will review the learning theories discussed in your textbook beginning on page 124. Choose 1 theory that you believe would best fit the target population who are experiencing or at risk for a health problem you identified in module one.As part of the discussion you will:
- Review learning theories, principles and health education models (p.124), select one theory and apply to your diagnosis.
- Define the learning theory and describe its major components.
- Discuss how you might apply it when addressing one of the health problem for a target population in your community. Narrow your population to a focused group, such as a classroom, church group or another reasonably sized group.
- List 2 – 3 teaching strategies you could use for your aggregate.
For example, if you have chosen childhood obesity as your identified health problem in week one, describe the learning theory that would work best with children ages 8 – 10, and explain why you believe that learning theory would work best with it.
Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials (chapter 5) which is the required reading and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Develop a community based educational plan on student identified goals while meeting the health literacy needs of the community.
Your educational proposal will be based on the data gathered in module 1 and the problems identified in modules 1 & 2. Only one teaching plan is required. You will be using the template provided to develop your teaching plan. You do not need to include a title page, introduction, or conclusion for this assignment. Type directly on the template. The cells expand as you type.