As you develop a research proposal, you must consider the ethical issues related to it.
Determine the ethical considerations related to the research question you developed in Week 1.
Consider the seven main principles of ethical research introduced in this week’s learning activity, Research Ethics Guidance:
- Social and clinical value
- Scientific validity
- Fair subject selection
- Favorable risk-benefit ratio
- Independent review
- Informed consent
- Respect for potential and enrolled subjects
Summarize the ethical issues related to your topic in a 15-20 slide presentation.
Cite at least one peer-reviewed and one evidence-based resource in APA format.
Grove, S. K., Gray, J. R., & Burns, N. (2015). Understanding nursing research (6th ed.). Elsevier Health Sciences.
Explore the National Institutes of Health Patient Recruitment web page to understand the seven guiding principles of ethical medical research.
Search the Office for Human Research Protections website to understand its role in research.
- Doody, O., & Noonan, M. (2016). Nursing research ethics, guidance and application in practice. British Journal of Nursing, 25(14), 803-807.
- Edwards, S., Woods, M., & Humphreys, S. (2011). Questions for debate. Nursing Ethics, 18(3), 460-463.
- Fouka, G., & Mantzorou, M. (2011). What are the major ethical issues in conducting research? is there a conflict between the research ethics and the nature of nursing? Health Science Journal, 5(1), 3-14.