Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on EVM.
Project managers often use Earned Value Management (EVM) if they want to compare the status of
their projects to their project plans. Using the same project from Assignment 3, develop a project
scenario to explain the amount of work that you have completed with the funds allotted.
This assignment consists of two (2) sections:
MS Project Exercise
You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file
name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create
and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Section 1: MS Project Exercise
Assume that your project is using more resources (e.g., time, money, and / or other nonlabor
resources, etc.) than anticipated through 50% of the project duration.
1. Update the project schedule to reflect related resource changes.
2. Produce a series of EVM reports from MS project that illustrates your project’s performance. Note:
Your reports should focus on the cost and schedule performance of the project.
Section 2: EVM Paper
Write a two to three (23) page paper in which you:
3. Summarize the resource changes of your project, and discuss the performance results of your
4. Determine one (1) performance measurement baseline for your MS Project. Justify your response.
5. Apply earned value analysis (EVA) in order to forecast future cost issues. Justify your response