Help me study for my Computer Science class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Since the global community has embraced electronic commerce in many forms, there has been a desire to find a robust solution for electronic contracting. This is not a trivial concept. It includes being able to “prove” that both the contract creator and the contract acceptor have been verified and that nothing has been altered in the contract, ensuring that there is an accurate and complete understanding among parties in the agreement. One concept behind this is known as non-repudiation. Public key infrastructure (PKI) has a number of moving parts, including the use of hash and the exchange of public and private keys in a way that supports authentication of contract participants. These features have provided sufficient confidence in digital signatures that there are now federal laws that enforce electronic contracts created using these features.
Use the study materials and engage in any research needed to fill in knowledge gaps. Write a 2â€“3-page paper that includes the following information:
- Analyze the concept of creating a hash to validate integrity of information.
- Analyze the concept of creating a digital signature to authenticate the source of a message.
- Evaluate the impact of combining a hash and a digital signature in supporting electronic commerce.
- Explore the areas of vulnerability that exist within a typical PKI implementation and controls that mitigate those vulnerabilities.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length of paper: 2â€“3 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.