I’m trying to learn for my Management class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Metrics and More
In order for an effective change to be carried out, there are many steps that organizations must consider. Recognizing how changes impact individuals, groups, and the organization is extremely important. Furthermore, understanding the role that metrics play when making decisions about change can often mean the difference between a change that is accepted and a change that is rejected. Consider the scenario below.
Over the past seven years, Company ABC has experienced much growth. While individuals have been extremely satisfied about the workplace culture that the company has created, several employees are dissatisfied with their pay. Furthermore, the organization continues to experience high rates of turnover, specifically within the past few months, due to the fact that a local competitor continues to offer higher wages and better benefits.
The CEO of your organization has decided that something needs to change. While you believe it is important to offer competitive pay, you also recognize the benefits of fully understanding what is going on, before a change is implemented. Therefore, for this assignment, do the following:
- Develop a quantitative instrument to assess workplace satisfaction. Specifically, focus on topics like workplace culture and total rewards when creating your survey.
- Recently, 10 previous organizational employees, who left to join Organization XYZ (your competitor), offered to come back for interviews to further discuss why they chose to seek employment elsewhere. Develop a list of interview questions that you plan to ask to further determine why these employees may have left Company ABC.
- Then, in a three- to five-page paper, which does not include your title page, references, or the instruments that you developed, do the following:
- Explain the differences between qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Detail the benefits and drawbacks associated with qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Justify which instrument you believe will be most effective in soliciting information from employees.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Include a formal reference page. This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- You must support your analysis with at least three scholarly references and can include resources from this course.
- The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.