I’m trying to learn for my Biology class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Begin by learning more about depression
- Review the discussion of affective disorders from your textbook (pg. 763-771)
- Read the article “ “
- View the video “Could a Drug Prevent Depression and PTSD? (Links to an external site.)“
- View the video “Magnetic Mind Control (Links to an external site.)“
For this discussion, write a brief research report on depression:
- Explain in your own words how antidepressants work to reduce the symptoms of major depression. What is one big disadvantage to these types of medications?
- According to the article above, people who never experience mental illness are rare, but share some common traits. List some of those traits.
- Summarize in your own words the two treatment options mentioned in the videos above.
- At the end of your post, include a provocative, open ended question to which your classmates can respond.