Help me study for my English class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Formatted in block style addressing a specific, narrow audience (avoid a large, general audience such as “The U.S. Government”)
- focused on a specific issue that concerns your audience (your purpose is to persuade)
- around 500-600 words
- in the letter, you will either:
- express a concern or problem, then suggest an action or solution (use an indirect approach)
- persuade an employer to adopt a new approach or policy in the workplace (indirect approach)
- pitch a product or service to a target audience (use the AIDA model)