Decide whether you agree or disagree with the each of the following five statements and briefly make an argument for your position on each. Each answer should be no longer than 300 words and should be written underneath the text of each question as it appears. You might choose to refer to a specific author or body of work in making some of your arguments, however formal referencing is not required if you do so.
1. Treatment-resistant schizophrenia is an appropriate pre-text for physician-assisted suicide.
2. A gay teenager, whose sexuality offends his family’s religious beliefs, should be allowed to undergo sexual orientation change therapy.
3. Involuntary psychiatric treatment is a violation of human rights.
4. The exercise of patriarchal power by the psychiatric profession has led to an over-diagnosis of depression in women.
5. It is reasonable for mental health professionals to advise political campaigns about the mental state of opponents.
References no. (5-8) between 2008-2017.