Assignment #1: (20 points) USHCS Perspectives: A Structured Stakeholder Analysis
Topic: The Alzheimer’s Association http://www.alz.org/about_us_about_us_.asp
Select and investigate a stakeholder organization from the list below. Post your selection in the Assignment #1 Discussion section so that your fellow students are aware of your choice. Only one student per Stakeholder Organization!
In this assignment students will gain expertise in identifying and analyzing the role of stakeholders in the U.S. Health Care Sector, examining the health care sector from the perspective of stakeholders, and examining the leadership and management of a stakeholder organization.
This assignment calls for a 3 page report (not including title page or reference page). The student should address the following:
- Name and provide a brief overview of the stakeholder organization. Identify and describe the key health care issue the stakeholder is influencing, who is being represented by the stakeholder, the desired impact of the stakeholder on the issue and what the stakeholder’s members or constituents stand to gain if the desired outcome is achieved.
- Identify and explain the stakeholder organization perspective: Payer (insurers, government payers, and employers); Provider (entities and individuals providing services in the health care system); Patient (consumers); or Producer (a product developer) could also be examined in this assignment.
- Identify an organization that the stakeholder partners with OR an organization that opposes the stakeholder and describe their perspective on the same issue.
- Identify the most senior leader of the organization. Describe his or her educational and positional background. Identify the duties and responsibilities of this leadership position and why this position is important to the stakeholder organization and healthcare as a whole. Describe the knowledge and skills this position requires, list some of the other the stakeholders this individual would work with and describe the nature of the stakeholder relationships. Describe the impact a person in this career might have in improving the health care system.
- As is the case with all academic papers, a well-organized paper will have a clear introduction to the topic, a body, and a conclusion or summary paragraph. In addition, a well-written paper will have minimal grammar, spelling, or sentence structure mistakes and it will fully conform to all APA formatting standards.
The stakeholder organization that I chose was Alzheimer’s PLACE ORDER FOR COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER . The association started in 1980 and had PLACE ORDER FOR COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER . The association is a the largest nonprofit, health organization that provides support for people that may be dealing with the disease and PLACE ORDER FOR COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER works on a global, and national level to fund research to find a cure for the disease. The disease can PLACE ORDER FOR COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER are 40 and up with 40’s being and early onset of thePLACE ORDER FOR COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER nonprofit funder of Alzheimer’s research, the Association is committed to accelerating the global PLACE ORDER FOR COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER , preventions and ultimately, a cure. (Alz.org 2016)”. The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is: “To PLACE ORDER FOR COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce Comment by Grammarly: Deleted:; the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health PLACE ORDER FOR COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER in three different stages. After being diagnosed with the disease, it seems that people only live a few PLACE ORDER FOR COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER hat fights for and advocate for those